St Stephen's, Comely Bank


Built 1901
Known as (in chronological order, with denomination) St Stephen's, Comely Bank (United Free Church of Scotland)
St Stephen's, Comely Bank (Church of Scotland)
Present use Church
Address 10 Comely Bank Road, Edinburgh, EH4 1DW
Grid Reference NT 240 747
Location on 1930 Map
Modern Map www.streetmap.co.uk
Notes There are two churches in Edinburgh with the name St Stephen - this one in Comely Bank, and another in the northern New Town, just 1/2 mile away to the east. Built in 1901 on the site of a Congregationalist iron church, St Stephen's in Comely Bank was initially used by the United Free Church of Scotland. When most of the United Free congregations united with the Church of Scotland in 1929, St Stephen's followed suit, and is currently used by the Church of Scotland.
Related Websites St Stephen's Church



[Back to List of Churches]

[Home]