|Known as (in chronological order, with denomination)||
Rosehall (United Presbyterian Church)
Rosehall (United Free Church)
Rosehall (Church of Scotland)
Priestfield (Church of Scotland )
|Address||2 Marchhall Place, Edinburgh, EH16 5HW|
|Grid Reference||NT 2702 7209|
|Location on 1930 Map|
Priestfield Parish Church is of
an unusual design, with a tower at either side, each above an
entrance porch. Finished in 1880, the church was located at the
corner of Marchhall Road and Dalkeith Road, but in 1929 that
part of Marchhall Road was re-named as Marchhall Place (as shown
on the 1930 map above).
Originally built as Rosehall for the United Presbyterian Church, the building passed to the United Free Church in 1900, and then to the Church of Scotland in 1929, the name remaining unchanged. In 1974 the congregation from Prestonfield Church joined, and the church was renamed Priestfield.
|Related Websites||Priestfield Parish Church website|